Emergency Community Support Fund
ROUND 2 OPEN OCTOBER 5-30, 2020
West Vancouver Foundation activating Emergency Community Support Fund alongside communities coast to coast to coast
Vulnerable populations across Canada continue to be disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Marginalized groups, youth, children and the elderly, essential workers, and newcomers are just some of the communities that are facing increased challenges right now. The Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) aims to provide additional and much-needed assistance to charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations affected by COVID-19. The Government of Canada is flowing funds through national networks, including Community Foundations of Canada, and the Canadian Red Cross.
We are proud to be working with CFC and the Government of Canada to deliver funding locally on the North Shore to ensure that our most vulnerable citizens are safe and healthy. Through the ECSF, we have already invested $318,000 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting vulnerable populations affected by the pandemic. The Government of Canada is releasing the balance of the funds now to ensure it and its partners can make adjustments, as necessary, to continue responding to evolving emergency needs as a result of COVID-19.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF). We know the need for emergency response to COVID-19 is significant. In communities across Canada, the demand for ECSF funding is exceeding the funds available. Round 2 of this program is open for applications from October 5th to 30th. Applications will be reviewed Nov 2-16th and you will be notified by Nov 30th.
Applications are open until October 30th.
Read the Guidelines and then Apply online.
For more information, visit the ECSF page.
If you have questions about Grants, please contact Denise Howell.
Not sure which agency to apply to? View the infographic for more information.
More questions? Visit the CFC FAQ page.
Round 1 Grant Recipients:
- Hollyburn Family Services Society - Youth outreach and services
- West Vancouver Seniors' Centre - Meals for vulnerable seniors
- Silver Harbour Seniors's Centre - Meals for vulnerable seniors
- District of West Vancouver - Youth Services - Technology for vulnerable youth
- North Shore Disability Resources Centre - Community outreach
- District of West Vancouver - Youth Services - Youth pre-employment training program
- The Polygon Gallery - Kids First Saturdays, building connections through art
- Capilano Community Services - Technology for low income seniors
- Family Services of the North Shore - Free counselling support program
- Mothers Matter - Indigenous HIPPY - Virtual program for Tsleil-Waututh families
- Enhance West Vancouver - Food security & outreach program for vulnerable youth
- North Shore Meals on Wheels - Keeping meals for seniors safe during COVID-19
- Pathways for Serious Mental Illness - Support for Caregivers
- Parkgate Community Services Society - Dementia programming modifications
- North Shore Community Services - Caregiver support program
- District of West Vancouver - Ambleside shower program for the homeless on the North Shore
- North Shore Disability Resources - Summer camp modifications for disabled youth
- Capilano Community Services - Virtual summer camp for at-risk youth
- Parkgate Community Services Society - Meal program for vulnerable seniors
- North Shore Stroke Recovery - Extending stroke recovery services through summer, due to increased demand from pandemic
- Mayor's Social Resiliency Collective (CNV) - Developing a collaborative plan for strengthening North Vancouver's social connectivity, including quick-starts for social cohesion and creating a more resilient community
- North Shore Libraries - Addressing Isolation and Education Through Technology North Shore Library Loaning Program
- Parkgate Community Services Society - Youth outreach, working with the Foundry, and youth programs
- Avalon Women's Centre North Shore - Project AvalOnline: Being Where Women Seek Recovery
- North Shore Restorative Justice - Virtual and Restart Restorative Justice for Youth and Families, including a 6 week virtual Youth Justice Lab
The Emergency Community Support Fund